Saturday, May 4, 2013

Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake

Today I was in the midst of cleaning my house as it is being shown tomorrow for new renters, and decided the best thing to do to procrastinate was to bake something chocolate. Make sense, right? I didn't have any eggs or milk and wasn't in the mood for butter, so I decided to make a Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake that I found through Yummly. The cake is moist with a thin crust and is a great way to satisfy that sweet tooth!



Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar (would be great to replace with a less refined option)
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil for the omega 3)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp white vinegar
1 cup water

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease your 9x5 loaf pan. You could definitely adapt this recipe to a flatter square cake or cupcakes! Just watch the baking time.

Step 2: Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt and combine.

Step 3: Add in the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water and mix until smooth. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan.

Step 4: Place in the center of the oven and bake for about 45 minutes (this was perfect time for my gas oven).

No comments:

Post a Comment